From our founder creating grass roots in the local community, through supporting those who most needed it, fast forward 50 years and we are an integral part of numerous communities with our team of over 150 employees and volunteers. We provide affordable furniture and household goods, accessible transport and are continuously up-skilling the community with training.
But we don’t intend on stopping there! Community Transport is reaching further to support more people than ever before.
We are currently recruiting a minibus driver for a full time 40 hour per week role, working hours are expected to be Monday to Friday 12pm to 8pm but the willingness to work flexibly when required is essential.
Could you be who were looking for?
• Do you thrive to assist and support your local community?
• Are you passionate and take pride in great customer service?
• Are you a team player who can work in a busy, sometimes challenging environment?
• Do you have a driving licence with D1 entitlement?
You will be responsible for the safe transportation of our passengers to hospitals, day centres, schools and visitors centres. Some may have varying degrees of disabilities or mobility struggles including those who require wheelchairs, which makes our service life changing to so many individuals and families.
Engaging with passengers and having great customer service is a key part of all our roles here at Community Transport. Due to the nature of our contracts, we need to ensure even our most vulnerable passengers feel safe and comfortable through building and maintaining great working relationships.
Our great service, commitment and care means we are continuously attracting and gaining more contracts. To ensure we deliver our fantastic service to those who need it, we must add more flexible, compassionate and caring employees to join our team.
What we offer successful candidates
Many of our employees and volunteers measure the benefits of working for Community Transport, with how their confidence has flourished, skill set has increased and knowing they have made a difference in someone’s life every day.
Until you join, it is hard to confirm what impact we can make for you, but for now our other benefits include;
• Fulfilling career with a National charity
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays (FTE)*
• Pension scheme
• Life Assurance plan
• Uniform and PPE provided
• Opportunities to share your ideas and suggestions
• Opportunities to develop skills in and get involved in H&S, First Aid, Fire Safety
• Community-driven projects
• Flexible working approach
• Team-working in a diverse team
• Varied roles in passenger driving
• A dedicated central HR and Finance team