Get behind your community, get behind the wheel.
To bring people and communities together to help transform lives and build better communities
Our Passenger Mission
Established in Birmingham in 1964, Community Transport is a charitable business and key provider of specialist transport, furniture and training services. Our Passenger Services division plays an essential role in the help we provide to our communities, we enable the elderly, isolated and most vulnerable members of our community to access vital services. Just a few of the services we provide include ensuring children with extra needs have access to the transport they need to be able to attend school each day, we help to reduce social isolation and promote independence by ensuring our elderly service users have access to the transport they need to get to the shops or visit a day centre for some much needed company as well as ensuring that those in our communities suffering from life limiting illnesses are able to attend medical appointments and receive life saving treatment.
The service we provide is invaluable to so many people in our community and we need your help to continue to provide it.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
1. To collect our passengers from their homes and to transport them to their destination, this could include taking children with special educational needs and disabilities to school, taking a patient with a life limiting condition to receive life saving treatment or ensuring an elderly person is still able to get out and about.
2. To provide excellent customer service and highest standard of care and consideration in transporting our passengers.
3. To ensure passengers are embarked, carried and disembarked safely.
4. To ensure CT minibuses are driven in a legal, safe and responsible manner at all times.
5. To operate all auxiliary equipment fitted to vehicles such as lifts, ramps, steps, radios, wheelchair harnesses and restraints in a safe and proper manner.
6. To ensure the safe removal and replacement of seating within the minibus when necessary.
7. To ensure wheelchairs, frames, oxygen cylinders and luggage are restrained in a safe and proper manner.
8. To be responsible for meeting the legal requirements of all road transport legislation.
9. To provide cover for passenger assistants and minibus drivers on other projects as and when necessary.
You will possess:
1. Current driving licence with D1 (101) entitlement (max 3 points)
2. Ability to respect client confidentiality and a commitment to equal opportunities and safe guarding
3. Flexibility to meet the needs of the business including working unsocial hours if necessary
4. A caring, resilient, reliable and very patient nature with a good sense of humour
5. A calm professional approach in the face of multiple pressures