Community Transport (CT) comprises of the charitable company ‘Community Transport’, and its trading subsidiary ‘Community Minibuses Limited’. We have three brands: CT Furniture, CT Passenger and CT Training. We help the community by providing accessible transport, low-cost furniture and professional driver training.
Our Purpose – CT Furniture
“A charity that is able to provide affordable second hand furniture to people in need”
Our core values are “putting customers first; providing value for money and always being forward thinking”.
As a Furniture Retail Assistant you will be responsible for processing the reception of furniture collections, undertaking sales and delivery services within the warehouse facilities. You will be responsible for the movement of stock to facilitate maximum use of warehouse availability. You will be responsible for the delivery of social media communication and online marketing, building the organisations online presence on sites such as Facebook and Gumtree to advertise products for sale. You will grow furniture sales and the customer base with a specific focus on maximizing on-line marketing and selling via social media platforms, CT furniture website and the wider internet.
The role entails being able to work closely with other colleagues, including volunteers and work placements. You will act with honesty, courtesy and provide excellent levels of customer care at all times. You will be cooperative, punctual and responsive to all reasonable requests from your manager.
Key responsibilities, tasks, authority and accountability
The following criteria is not listed in any particular order of importance;
1. You will move and display goods in a safe and responsible manner, ensuring good practice in relation to health and safety and effective visual merchandising.
2. You will engage in all aspects of the CT Furniture service including collections, deliveries, removals, house clearances and general warehouse duties
3. You will ensure customers at Charity outlets and online are served efficiently and effectively, using the very highest levels of customer service and to deal promptly with customer complaints in line with the relevant procedures.
4. You will ensure all volunteers and work placements working under your supervision, comply with the Charity’s Health & Safety rules when in the warehouse, van and customers’ homes. This will include making sure vulnerable adults and children are safeguarded against unnecessary risks.
5. You will serve customers in the warehouse/shop, providing excellent customer service, whilst actively promoting Gift Aid to all eligible customers and processing payments through the EPOS system and card machine.
You will possess
1. Experience of record keeping and cash handling
2. Experience of delivering agreed targets in a retail or sales environment
3. Experience in the up-cycling and recycling of furniture or experience transporting goods
4. Experience of using social media applications and on-line selling sites such as Facebook, Gumtree and E-bay
5. You will be resilient and able to perform under pressure whilst managing competing deadline
6. You will be a strong team player with great communication skills and the ability to appreciate the perspective of others.
7. You will have a fair and consistent approach with high standards and excellent customer service skills
8. Flexibility to meet the needs of the business including working unsociable hours (Please note that this role will include working Weekends and Bank Holidays)
9.You will be physically fit and able to lift and carry large items of furniture, with assistance, in the safe and proper manner
Sounds like the role for you? Apply now to start your new path!
Role closes Midday on 5th July 2019