This role is in our Finance Department
We’re Recruiting! Corporate Services Administrator
Our founder created Community Transport in 1964 with a small band of volunteers who were passionate about their local community and eager to try and support, and what an impact they had!
Fast forward 50 years as we continue to be an integral part of numerous communities through the West Midlands and North East, with our team of over 150 employees and volunteers. Our founder’s passion remains true as we continue to provide affordable furniture and household goods, accessible transport and are continuously up-skilling the communities in which we operate through training.
The services we provide are invaluable to so many people in our community and we need your help to continue to provide those.
To provide an efficient, effective and supportive service to the Finance Officer and to colleagues at all levels; including Directors and the Board of Trustees. Complete tasks in line with agreed procedures and systems, maintaining a high level of accuracy at all times. Suggesting and implementing improvements in organisational performance and processes. This role will support the Finance Officer in completing asset management administrative tasks, other key role accountabilities include;
Office & Administrative Tasks;
Supplier and Assets Tasks;
- Co-ordinate archiving and destruction of documents, ensuring these are within the required timeframes set out by the relevant information owner within the CT Support Team.
- Take overall responsibility for the smooth running of the national office including ordering stationery / supplies, liaising with the cleaning providers, recycling etc.
- To maintain friendly and professional relationships with external suppliers, comparing and recommending alternatives to the Finance Officer as appropriate;
- Administer and co-ordinate all organisation wide supplies including utilities, telephony, IT, copiers, insurance, rates, music licenses, uniforms, personal protective equipment (PPE), incident management kits and fuel cards, promoting cost controls through close relationships with existing suppliers and research into alternative suppliers, where appropriate;
- Liaise with operational managers in determining supply needs across the whole organisation, whilst ensuring that premises are fit for purpose and that all works required and agreed are carried out and within budget;
- Manage the vehicle asset list and ensure all vehicles are taxed and insured appropriately and liaising with the insurance provider when claims are made;
Essential skills / training;
- To maintain excellent relationships with staff teams and to answer information requests; this may include occasional visits for specific purposes to other CT sites
- Maintaining tidy and accurate files, systems and records, protecting commercial and personal confidentiality
- To undertake general administrative duties, including telephone queries and looking after visitors, providing a professional and friendly service to colleagues within Community Transport and to external partners and suppliers. Also supporting absence cover for other administrative staff at the Brighouse site.
- To demonstrate responsibility for promoting and championing all aspects of equal opportunities; valuing and managing diversity in all areas of your work
- Opening, distributing and taking the post and ordering of and maintaining stock levels of office stationery
- Be able to work as part of a committed, motivated and reliable team contributing to a positive office culture
- An ability to manage conflicting priorities and one’s own time with minimum supervision
- Accomplished grade A-C in Maths and English at A level with an ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with excellent literacy and grammatical skills
Desirable skills / training;
- Can demonstrate a commitment to continuous development both professionally and in the day to day work
- Experience of using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience of general administrative tasks ensuring all records / data is at a high level of accuracy
- Being prepared to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business
- NVQ Level II in Business Administration (or equivalent) or a willingness to work towards
- Relevant experience in a within a previous organisation or role
There are no documents available