This role is in our Finance Department
Our founder created Community Transport in 1964 with a small band of volunteers who were passionate about their local community and eager to try and support, and what an impact they had!
Fast forward 50 years as we continue to be an integral part of numerous communities through the west midlands and north east, with our team of over 150 employees and volunteers. Our founders passion remains true as we continue to provide affordable furniture and household goods, accessible transport and are continuously up-skilling the community with training.
The service we provide is invaluable to so many people in our community and we need your help to continue to provide it.
We are looking for a full time Finance Officer to join our small and friendly team based in Community Transports National Office in Brighouse, West Yorkshire. Our newly refurbished offices are a short walk from all the amenities of Brighouse town centre, as well as benefitting from excellent public transport links and close proximity to junction 25 of the M62.
The National Office provides central Business, HR & Finance support to CTs Passenger Services and Furniture Shop functions based throughout the West Midlands and North East of England.
You will work under the direction of the Head of Finance and be responsible for ensuring the processing of all income and expenditure, compilation and production of a range of financial reporting, assisting colleagues across the organisation in financial reporting and liaison with external suppliers.
The following criteria is not listed in any particular order of importance, you will be required to undertake the defined responsibilities and tasks with equal diligence and meet the desired and appropriate performance level.
Responsibilities, tasks, authority and accountability:
Finance and accounting
- Maintain computerised accounts with support staff. (using Sage Line 200), including sales ledger, purchase ledger, cash book and nominal ledger;
- Ensure accurate postings of all transactions (sales purchases, payments and receipts) relating to individual site operations, carrying out apportionments and nominal ledger coding;
- Prepare and submit bank payments;
- Maintain and manage the petty cash system across all sites;
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns;
- Carry out regular bank reconciliations;
- Preparation of journals as required, checking the accuracy and consistency of postings;
- Management and reporting of debtors in a professional manner;
- Develop an internal financial reporting procedure and support non-finance colleagues in financial reporting processes;
- Assist in promoting cost control by building and developing positive professional relationships with suppliers, comparing suppliers and recommending alternatives as appropriate; reporting internally as required;
- Maintain a friendly and professional relationship with external suppliers, funding partners and customers, to include the supply of data as accurately and efficiently as possible and responding in a timely manner;
- Preparation of sales invoices including importing of data from CTs vehicle management system and consideration of associated VAT.
- Prepare and process monthly payroll using Sage payroll and, working with HR colleagues to ensure compliance with staff contracts, company, HMRC and other statutory rules, the company pension scheme and against recorded timesheets;
- Prepare and distribute payslips in a confidential manner;
- Respond to payroll anomalies and enquiries as required.
Administration and Reporting
- Manage the vehicle list, ensuring all vehicles are taxed and insured.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the main leases for all rented properties.
- Attain best value for contracts and major works.
- Maintain appropriate, accurate and structured financial systems and records, creating, developing and reviewing systems and processes and training colleagues across the organisation as required;
- Assist colleagues across multiple sites in the preparation of grant funding returns;
- Participate in the induction of colleagues moving into roles where financial reporting is a requirement;
- Assist in the annual external audit exercise;
- Carry out internal audits as required;
- Reconcile Gift Aid returns;
- Maximise the security of finance, human resource and other sensitive data, including strict observance of back up routines, scanning of documents, secure archiving to be compliant with company rules to protect commercial and personal confidentiality;
- Prepare and present ad hoc reports as required by members of the Senior Management Team;
- Assist in the regular preparation of monthly management accounting reports as required;
- Contribute to the general efficiency of the wider office environment by answering telephone calls, dealing with post and welcoming visitors, alongside other colleagues and ensuring that this is managed in line with the principle duties of this post;
There are no documents available